Skip to main content

Autumn πŸπŸ‚πŸƒ

Autumn, it's my favorite season.

What's in this Season? Deep colors, layered fashions, amazing smells from the kitchen, and sultry scented lotions and candles. Yum!!

The tree leaves change color and the mornings are a little cooler. Cool enough to enjoy a hot cup of joe on the morning drive. Not that it needs to be cold for coffee, but some people like it that way. I just like coffee everyday... please and thank you. The sun shines brighter and the afternoons are perfect for cruising. On that cruise as you drive through the secluded area, you know the place you lose cell phone signal because of all the trees, you get a chance to enjoy God's creation. The beautifully colored leaves dance around your vehicle and for a moment even if it wasn't before, you know it's now going to be a great day.

It's also the time of year where leggings are deemed appropriate everyday attire paired with a large sweater, a beanie, and boots. Or skinny jeans with a Plaid button-up layered with a Polo sweater, scarf, and booties with a stiletto heel.

And of course it's Pumpkin Spice(PS) EVERYTHING season, and although I'm not a huge fan of consuming PS, the scent is one that I have grown to enjoy. Bath and Body Works has an amazing Autumn collection in which the tantalizing "Sensual Amber" (my favorite Autumn scent) shea body lotion will tingle your senses and you'll be carried away [No Calgon]. Too bad B&B has discontinued it, you can only find it online now.

I also just recently learned that our good friends over at O.P.I. have a Washington D.C. 'Fall' Collection of nail lacquer. The shades definitely will add a pop of color to your week. You know I had to have it. With names such as #WeTheFemale (garnet) #MadamPresident  (Commanding red) #NeverADullesMoment  (curry yellow) #CIA/ColorIsAwesome (dusky blue) #PaleToTheChief  (nearly nude) #SuziTheFirstLadyOfNails (chic olive green) and #FreedomOfPeach (peach), who could resist?

Of course with 45° mornings, it's also sweatshirts and pearls/hoodie season. I spent the summer months adding to my collection to ensure the perfect sweatshirt and pearl pairings for the season's activities. You know, deep couch sitting with a good book, running errands with Brayden, cooking, cleaning, traveling...the usual.

Autumn also signifies the beginning of a lot of important times. School (k-12 and college), a new fiscal year for planning/government. For us, it was learning that we were about to be parents. This time last year, I found out I was pregnant. I can't believe how time has flown by and our baby boy is 3 months now. Full of energy and very vocal. He always has a story to tell after school. He weighs 13 pounds, can roll over on his side, and often attempts to lift himself upright when laying down. He is so inquisitive and has his father's demeanor.  We are still so in love with our baby human. 😆

Autumn is here and before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving!!!! 🦃🦃🍊🌽🌽

Link for OPI, You know you want to- http://opi.com/color/collections/washington-dc#txdDCVUEiMCPJrAk.97
-------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweatshirts and Pearls

I never realized that even after eight years in the military I still somehow gravitated towards a uniform. Not just any uniform, specific articles and accessories that make me feel like I’m ready to take on the day. No matter if I feel good, bad, or indifferent, my pearl earrings make every outfit public appropriate. I feel naked without them. I even workout wearing smaller versions of them. O_o Accented with my favorite necklace, (a single strand of round pearl beads worn by my mother on her wedding day); my pearls can bring any outfit to life. Even a basic sweatshirt. If I had to choose, some variety of a sweatshirt would be in my top five article of clothing. They are comfortable and warm and when paired with the perfect jean or legging BOOM!  You have an outfit ready to run errands (the bank, the mall, and Wal-Mart), visit friends and family (Homecoming and the 3.5 hour drive to Northumberland), or simply lounge around the house on a Sunday afternoon, sipping Northern Neck G

The Delivery

I woke up early on June 29th [2016], the plan was to accompany Brian to Alexandria for the day. However, as you know my plans do not happen the way I anticipate. I felt a trickle of liquid and after several trips to the bathroom, I was sure my water broke and that I did not have a 2year old accident. I didn't feel any contractions so, I figured we had some time. What's a girl to do when she's in labor and the contractions aren't heavy???! You guessed it. Put your game face on... no eyeliner though. I heard pain was going to be a beast and I'm a crier. Don't need raccoon eyes in my son's pics. I mentioned to Brian that maybe we should just go about our day and wait until the contractions got bad, but of course you can never be too sure. I didn't want to be on the side of 66East in labor. So after I finished getting ready, we headed to the hospital. I called my mom, Brian called his mom and they both made it to NOVA in record time only to be told th

America: Under Construction

Denzel Washington said "I am proud to be Black, but Black is not all that I am." I pondered on that statement for weeks as I contemplated how to put my thoughts into a coherent paragraph.  I wondered how to articulate these thoughts amid getting too emotional, if anyone had comments. I finally decided that the only thing I could do was to simply write. Even though we are in a more accepting environment than that of the late 1800s or that of the 1960s, America is still under Construction.  Patrons were so disappointed in BeyoncΓ© for her 'Black Panther Tribute' and found every reason under the sun to bash her. 'She wore bullets, isn't she against gun violence?' 'She's not wearing a beret or natural hair, she is not pro-black'  'She is anti-police' 'Why would she use the Superbowl (something that brings people together) to cause such political controversy to segregate people' Now, let me state here, I like the song