Skip to main content

40 week Eviction Notice

I am officially 40 weeks today and Brayden clearly has not gotten the memo that mommy and daddy want him to make his grand entrance. As one could imagine, I am BEYOND done being pregnant. Since my last post at 36 weeks I have had several appointments and emotional moments. Hormones are still very much a factor in my daily life. Second trimester was interesting, but third trimester definitely takes the cake. And no it's not lemon cake with butter cream frosting.

I am up right now at 430 am, because yet again I cannot sleep. For the last month, I have "slept" in a weird sitting up position. Trying to lay on either side is unbearable due to the SPD (which I did confirm with the doc that I do have) and the fact that my 8lb son finds it amusing to hang out under my rib cage and kick my stomach, therefore giving me nausea and indigestion. I am still eating Tums like skittles. I am still vomiting on average twice a week and at this point I am literally swollen from the waist down. If I have to make a long trip, I wear compression socks so I can walk a little easier. They also help with the swelling. I can no longer fit any shoe, other than my Nike slides, which some days I can't fit them either. SMH. Walking three flights of stairs to get in our apartment can be challenging on a bad day, but of course Brian lightens the mood by playing Rocky theme music when I make it to the top.
Whoever said pregnancy is glamorous forgot to mention that part.

I am thrilled to say that even though I've been seen in labor and delivery twice (neither time for labor) we are both doing well. Brayden is a little trooper, his heartbeat and kick counts have been awesome. Dr. Emme said he is a rockstar!

I have dilated, but not enough for active labor. I have discussed options with the doc about what is best for Brayden and myself and we have a plan. However, y'all already know how my "plans" go, so I'm being very flexible. The docs tend not to worry or consider you "post term" until 41 weeks. Although, babies reach full term at 39 weeks, brain development is still happening and as long as he has enough amniotic fluid and meets the kick count, we are in good shape for him to stay put. Also, I have decided that having a Cesarean is not for me (of course I will do whatever is necessary on "B Day") so I am impatiently waiting lol.

Despite the pain and discomfort I feel daily and the fact that I feel silly for crying as often as I have over the last few weeks, I know it's all good. I am not facing this alone. My entire support system has been awesome. Both my mother and my mother-in-love have come to appointments with us. My friends and sisters listen to my random stories about New York and Company and let me vent while struggling to hold back tears. I have been truly blessed.   This has not been smooth sailing for me and I have Brian by my side every step of the way. He has been at every appointment and he talks to Brayden everyday. Sometimes he plays music for him, so he can dance. Brayden really enjoys the classical genre. He does the most when he hears Beethoven. Experiencing this journey with Brian is definitely a perk. And since I am 40 weeks pregnant and barely mobile these days, I need perks!!!
Random trips to the MLK statue, Ice cream runs, cocoa butter belly rubs, and Sunday afternoon picnics in the park have been highlights.

Everyone said, we wouldn't make our due date, but it looks like we are surpassing them both! Granted I can't really be mad, Brayden is showing his stubbornness and he gets it honest from both sides. LOL June 2016 is looking more like July 2016 for Baby Seymour and that's ok. He just wants to hear mommy's heartbeat from the inside for a few more days. <3

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog! Hang in there Mama, my first came at 40 weeks 5 days and I thought for sure the second would be early but she came at 40 weeks and 4 days. He can't stay in there forever and he will definitely be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audra. He definitely was worth the wait

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweatshirts and Pearls

I never realized that even after eight years in the military I still somehow gravitated towards a uniform. Not just any uniform, specific articles and accessories that make me feel like I’m ready to take on the day. No matter if I feel good, bad, or indifferent, my pearl earrings make every outfit public appropriate. I feel naked without them. I even workout wearing smaller versions of them. O_o Accented with my favorite necklace, (a single strand of round pearl beads worn by my mother on her wedding day); my pearls can bring any outfit to life. Even a basic sweatshirt. If I had to choose, some variety of a sweatshirt would be in my top five article of clothing. They are comfortable and warm and when paired with the perfect jean or legging BOOM!  You have an outfit ready to run errands (the bank, the mall, and Wal-Mart), visit friends and family (Homecoming and the 3.5 hour drive to Northumberland), or simply lounge around the house on a Sunday afternoon, sipping Northern Neck G

The Delivery

I woke up early on June 29th [2016], the plan was to accompany Brian to Alexandria for the day. However, as you know my plans do not happen the way I anticipate. I felt a trickle of liquid and after several trips to the bathroom, I was sure my water broke and that I did not have a 2year old accident. I didn't feel any contractions so, I figured we had some time. What's a girl to do when she's in labor and the contractions aren't heavy???! You guessed it. Put your game face on... no eyeliner though. I heard pain was going to be a beast and I'm a crier. Don't need raccoon eyes in my son's pics. I mentioned to Brian that maybe we should just go about our day and wait until the contractions got bad, but of course you can never be too sure. I didn't want to be on the side of 66East in labor. So after I finished getting ready, we headed to the hospital. I called my mom, Brian called his mom and they both made it to NOVA in record time only to be told th

America: Under Construction

Denzel Washington said "I am proud to be Black, but Black is not all that I am." I pondered on that statement for weeks as I contemplated how to put my thoughts into a coherent paragraph.  I wondered how to articulate these thoughts amid getting too emotional, if anyone had comments. I finally decided that the only thing I could do was to simply write. Even though we are in a more accepting environment than that of the late 1800s or that of the 1960s, America is still under Construction.  Patrons were so disappointed in BeyoncĂ© for her 'Black Panther Tribute' and found every reason under the sun to bash her. 'She wore bullets, isn't she against gun violence?' 'She's not wearing a beret or natural hair, she is not pro-black'  'She is anti-police' 'Why would she use the Superbowl (something that brings people together) to cause such political controversy to segregate people' Now, let me state here, I like the song